Sweet summer corn is a cookout must-have. I love turning it into relish because it lets you enjoy it in so many different ways. You can eat it on its own as a simple side dish or use it as a topping for hot dogs and sausages or toss it into a pasta salad.
Swap option: Cook the corn on an outdoor grill.
- 8 ears sweet corn
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Keep the husks on the corn but trim the silk off the ends of the corn and cut off any of the husk that is loose. Put the corn directly on the rack into the oven where it will roast for 25 minutes. At the halfway point turn the corn so it will cook evenly.
3. Allow corn to cool after roasting. Remove husks and silk from corn. Using a knife, remove corn kernels from the cob.
4. Combine roasted corn, mayonnaise, red onion, cumin, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning, chopped cilantro and lime juice.