- ½ recipe TODAY's One-Pot Summer Vegetable Chowder (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (or meat from 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (1 pound)
- 1-2 cups coarse bread crumbs (optional)
Preheat oven to 350`F.
In a large pot, heat leftover chowder over low heat, stirring frequently until warm.
Crush potatoes to help thicken the mixture. Add broth and rice and continue heating over low until heated through.
Remove from heat and stir in chicken and cheese.
Pour into a 3-4 quart casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs. Bake 30-40 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown on top.