Antipasti Baked Eggs
Mediterranean Baked Eggs
Breakfast Pizza Baked Eggs
- butter or nonstick baking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small leek, trimmed, rinsed well and thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- chives for garnish (optional)
- toasted baguette slices or other crusty bread for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 4 6-ounce ramekins with butter or spritz with nonstick baking spray, and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes until the leeks are tender and translucent. Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes more until the spinach is wilted and vastly reduced in volume. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the leeks and spinach between the ramekins.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin, then top with 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream. Don't fill the ramekins the whole way to the top; leave 1/4 inch of space as the cream will bubble up in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the yolks and the white immediately surrounding each yolk are just barely set and still have some jiggle to them. The eggs will continue to cook for a few minutes after they leave the oven.
- Sprinkle chives and additional salt and pepper over each ramekin, if desired, and serve immediately with toasted baguette slices.