My day starts early so by the time lunch rolls around, I need something hearty. This sandwich has simple ingredients, but the preparation is key. Don’t skip the first few steps if you want to ensure you get nicely melted cheese.
- 4 slices smoked turkey (must be smoked)
- 2 thick slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 brioche bun
- 1/3 cup shredded lettuce
- 2-3 slices tomato
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat a nonstick pan to medium-high heat. Pile turkey slices together and place in the pan; warm until hot, leaving the pile in one place.
2. Top the turkey with the cheddar cheese and add 1 tablespoon of water to the pan (not on the turkey). Cover the meat and cheese immediately and let it steam. This process will help melt the cheese.
3. In a separate pan, place the buns cut-side down to toast (I only toast the bread on the inside).
4. To assemble the sandwich, spread mayonnaise on the bottom bun, then place turkey and cheddar on top. Add the tomatoes and stack with shredded lettuce, piled high! Serve with potato salad and enjoy.