This extra crispy fried chicken is the ultimate dish for all my fried chicken lovers. Crushed up crackers make for the best breadcrumbs and they also add such delicious flavor. This recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and paleo.
Swap option: Use crushed tortilla chips instead of crackers.
- Avocado oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup crushed grain-free crackers (consistency of panko)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with avocado oil.
2. Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels.
3. Whisk eggs in shallow bowl.
4. In another shallow bowl, mix together the crushed crackers, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, black pepper and salt.
5. Coat the chicken thighs in the crushed crackers, then back into the eggs and into the crushed crackers again.
6. Place the chicken thighs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh reaches 165°F. Serve warm.