The creamy tahini sauce gives this noodle salad a rich texture and makes it feel indulgent even though it's a light and healthy dish. The crunchy veggies are also a great contrast to the tender noodles, making this salad even more satisfying.
Swap option: For an added protein boost, add 3/4-pound white meat rotisserie chicken meat or 2 cups shelled edamame.
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons water (or more/less for desired consistency)
- freshly squeezed lime juice (optional)
- 4 ounces cooked wheat or legume-based spaghetti
- 1 large (or 2 medium) zucchini, julienne sliced into noodles
- 1 large (or 2 medium) carrot, julienne sliced into noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the tahini sauce:
In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the sauce. Season to taste with more soy sauce and/or fresh lime juice. Set aside.
For the noodles:
Cook spaghetti noodles according to the package instructions, then set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together the noodles and veggies. Pour in the tahini sauce and use tongs to fold everything together until well-mixed. Garnish with the sesame seeds.