- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 ounces canned tuna, drained
- 1 ear corn, grilled and kernels removed
- 1 package heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 pound diced ricotta salata cheese
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper and dry oregano
I love this pasta salad because it's bursting with freshness. The summery vegetables add satisfying crunch while the zesty dressing adds tangy flavor.
For the herb vinaigrette:
In a medium bowl, combine the basil, chives, garlic, and shallots and whisk in the oil, vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the pasta salad:
Cook fusilli pasta, drain, cool and place in a large bowl. Add the onions, peppers, tuna, corn, cherry tomatoes and vinaigrette; season with salt, pepper and oregano to taste. Toss and place on a platter. Top with the ricotta salata cheese and serve at room temperature or cold.