I like to serve this cola and brown sugar glazed ham with Jezebel sauce. I am not sure why it is called Jezebel sauce except that it's easy and has been passed around more than an offering plate. It's been whispered about for decades and is always a hit with the boys.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 6 ounces cola, preferably Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- One 14-16 pound spiral cut ham
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard, preferably French's
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish sauce
For the cola ham:
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2. In a medium sauce pan, add the brown sugar, orange zest, cola, mustard and orange juice. Warm on medium-low to medium heat until the sugar melts.
3. Place the ham on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Coat the ham with the mixture. Place in oven and bake according to package directions, and basting every 30 minutes.
For the Jezebel sauce:
In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients and serve with ham on a petite biscuit!