Turn to these ice pops when you need to feel more energized. I love warm weather, but sometimes a day out in the burning sun can leave me feeling less than peppy. That's when I want a cool treat that also gives me a kick of caffeine. These provide just the right amount for an early afternoon boost.
Note: You will need six (3-ounce) ice pop molds with sticks.
- 6 ounces unsweetened cold brew coffee concentrate (such as Chameleon)
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs, optional
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth.
2. Pour the coffee mixture evenly into 6 pop molds and transfer to the freezer. Freeze for 6-8 hours, or overnight.
3. To unmold, run the pop briefly under warm water, remove and enjoy.
Frances Largeman-Roth, RDN, is a nutrition expert, writer and best-selling author. Her books include Feed the Belly, The CarbLovers Diet and Eating in Color. Follow her @FrancesLRothRD