Ditch the carbs and make sandwich buns out of cucumbers! These quick club subs are great for lunch or snacking and are perfect for enjoying on the go.
Swap option: This recipe will also work with pickles in place of the cucumber.
- 2 small cucumbers (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 1 ounce (about 2 slices) reduced-sodium ham
- 1 ounce (about 2 slices) reduced-sodium skinless turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 4 small tomato slices
1. Slice off and discard stem ends of cucumbers. Halve cucumbers lengthwise.
2. Gently scoop out and discard the cucumber flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch inside each half. Thoroughly pat dry.
3. Cook bacon until crispy, and layer with remaining ingredients between cucumber subs.