- 2 small cucumbers (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 1 ounce (about 2 slices) reduced-sodium ham
- 1 ounce (about 2 slices) reduced-sodium skinless turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 4 small tomato slices
Ditch the carbs and make sandwich buns out of cucumbers! These quick club subs are great for lunch or snacking and are perfect for enjoying on the go.
Swap option: This recipe will also work with pickles in place of the cucumber.
Slice off and discard stem ends of cucumbers. Halve cucumbers lengthwise.2.
Gently scoop out and discard the cucumber flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch inside each half. Thoroughly pat dry.3.
Cook bacon until crispy, and layer with remaining ingredients between cucumber subs.