Who doesn't love a margarita? This classic mix of sweet and sour hits all the right notes. Forget the frozen mush from a revolving mixer, a real margarita is made fresh in a shaker. At Diego, we like to keep it classic with just the traditional ingredients served over ice with a salty rim.
- 1½ ounce silver tequila
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- Salt, for rimming
1. Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
2. Coat the rim of a rocks glass rocks glass with lime juice and then dip one edge into salt.
3. Fill the glass with fresh ice, strain the cocktail into the glass and serve.