The beauty of the sweet lump crabmeat shines through in this simple recipe that only requires seven ingredients.
- 1 whole large egg
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 1 ½ tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice and Old Bay seasoning. Gently fold in the bread crumbs. Then gently fold in the crabmeat. Divide the mixture into four portions, form each into a ball and then flatten each into a patty. Place on a parchment-lined tray or plate and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to chill at least one hour before cooking.
2. In a large non- stick saute pan, heat the vegetable oil over to medium heat. Carefully place the crab cakes into the pa. Cook until golden and then flip and cook the other side until golden. Serve with your favorite sauce.