MAKE-AHEAD NOTE: Bulgur can be made up to 3 days ahead. Refrigerate in a covered container until ready to mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 2 large bunches flat-leaf parsley
- 0.25 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 large scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1-2 large lemons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
Add the water and bulgur to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, uncovered, over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the bulgur has absorbed all the water, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the heat, fluff with a fork, and cool to room temperature.
Rinse the parsley and chop off any thick, woody stems and yellowing leaves. Pulse the parsley and mint leaves in a food processor until minced. Stir the herbs, cucumber, tomatoes and scallions with the bulgur in a large bowl. Whisk the lemon juice, oil, and salt together and stir into the tabbouleh. Taste and add more salt if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight in a covered container. Serve cold or at room temperature.