- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon star anise powder
- 2 ounce Jägermeister
- 1 ounce Curaçao (such as Pierre Ferrand)
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 dash allspice dram bitters (such as Dale DeGroff's Pimento Bitters)
- 1 grapefruit zest twist
1. In a shallow bowl, mix the first four dry ingredients together and set aside.
2. Moisten the rim of a glass with water or a lime wedge and dip the glass into the spice blend. Reserve glass.
3. Pour all liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker and fill with plenty of ice. Shake vigorously to chill and dilute. Strain into a prepared glass over fresh ice.
4. Express oil from twist over drink (squeeze it vigorously until drops are released) and place fruit peel into glass.