I love these low-carb crab cakes, which are baked like a cake. Get it? Crab CAKE!
Technique tips: Squeeze the excess water out of the crab meat before stirring it into the other ingredients. Don’t over mix. If you'd like, make a double batch of the seasoning mixture and omit the egg from half — this dressing can be served over the cooked crab cakes.
- 1 pound crabmeat (Dungeness, blue, king, or stone)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasonings
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Optional: Chopped parsley and lemon wedges for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay, lemon zest and juice.
3. Grease the muffin tin. Divide mixture into the cups of a small muffin pan for finger food, or use a larger muffin pan for sandwich- or entrée-sized crab cakes. Bake until golden brown on the top, about 10 minutes (larger cakes will need more time).