Can't decide between cinnamon rolls and pancakes for breakfast? Now you don't have to! Warm cinnamon and brown sugar get swirled into fluffy pancakes for the ultimate morning mash-up.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine, or refined coconut oil, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup water
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the almond milk and maple syrup.
3. Add the wet ingredient to the dry and whisk to combine. Do not overmix.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the margarine, brown sugar and cinnamon. Transfer to a pastry bag or plastic zip-top bag and snip off one corner.
5. Lightly grease a large nonstick skillet or griddle and heat over medium heat. When the pan shimmers, measure out 1/4 cup of the batter (or eyeball it) and pour it onto the skillet. Pipe a circular swirl of the cinnamon mixture into the batter. Repeat to fill the skillet.
6. When small bubbles appear in the center of the pancakes, after about 4 minutes, flip.
7. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute more, until lightly browned and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the skillet between batches as needed.
8. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and water and whisk until smooth.
9. Drizzle the pancakes with the glaze and serve.