These quick and easy spiced almonds can be served as a party snack or added to dishes, such as salads and grain bowls.
Technique tip: Be careful not to let the nuts burn around the edges of the sheet pan. Stir the almonds while cooking.
Swap option: Swap walnuts or pecans for the almonds.
- 1 pound whole almonds
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat agave syrup and brown sugar in a sauté pan. When the brown sugar is dissolved into the agave, add cinnamon, ginger, salt and black pepper and stir into a paste.
3. Place the almonds in a bowl; pour the paste over the almonds. Stir and toss until the almonds are well coated. Pour the almonds onto a baking pan.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes; occasionally stir the nuts on the sheet pan so they heat evenly and to keep them from sticking.
5. Let cool and serve.