Set the scene at your holiday breakfast table with cheery elf, jolly Santa, frosty snowman and festive gingerbread man pancakes covered with tasty decorations.
- Pancake batter of choice, mixed according to package or recipe directions
Gingerbread man pancakes
- Gingerbread man cookie cutter (4-6 inches)
- Cookie butter, chocolate hazelnut spread or fruit preserves
- Heart-shaped sprinkles
- Red, white and green sprinkles, for garnish
- Powdered sugar
- Bacon slices, cooked
- Chocolate chips, regular and mini
- Orange sprinkles or orange fruit slices
- Fresh whipped cream
- Strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
- Chocolate chips
- Star sprinkles or other festive sprinkles, for garnish
- Fresh whipped cream
- Green grapes, cut in half lengthwise
- Marshmallows, cut in circles
For the gingerbread man pancakes:
1. Cook pancakes, making them about 8-10 inches in diameter. Let cool slightly.
2. Take two pancakes and lay them flat. Spread filling of choice on first pancake and set aside.
3. Press cookie cutter into center of second pancake. Set aside gingerbread man and place cut pancake on top of first pancake to create a pancake sandwich.
4. Decorate gingerbread man pancake and sandwiched pancake sandwich using sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
For the snowman pancakes:
1. Cook pancakes, making half of them about 2 inches in diameter, and the other half about 4 inches in diameter.
2. Place a larger pancake on bottom of plate and smaller above it. Dust powdered sugar on top of pancakes. Use the slice of bacon to cover the seam of the two pancakes to create a "scarf."
3. Garnish with chocolate chips for the eyes and mini chocolate chips for the mouth. Use orange sprinkles or a small piece of orange fruit for the nose and blueberries for the buttons. Serve and enjoy!
For the Santa pancakes:
1. Cook pancakes, making them about 6-8 inches in diameter. Let cool slightly.
2. Top with whipped cream and using a spoon, create "peaks" to look like the shape of hair and a beard. Lay strawberries above pancake to look like a red hat and add a dollop of whipped cream to the top for pom pom. Use chocolate chips for the eyes.
3. Garnish the plate with sprinkles, serve and enjoy!
For the elf pancakes:
1. Cook pancakes, making them about 6 to 8 inches in diameter. Let cool slightly.
2. Place a pancake on center of the plate. To make ears for the elf, use kitchen shears to cut the shape of ears out of pancakes. Use whipped cream and grapes to look like a hat.
3. Use marshmallow circles and blueberries for the eyes, slices of grapes for eyebrows and pieces of strawberry for the mouth. Serve and enjoy!