These truffles are great to give as a gift, but they're so tasty you just might want to keep them for yourself.
- 16 ounces good quality dark chocolate (at least 60%), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup high quality cocoa
Place the chocolate in a large bowl along with the vanilla. Set aside.
In a medium pot, bring the heavy cream, butter and salt to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate and let sit, undisturbed, for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 2 to 3 hours.
Using a melon baller, scoop rounds from the set chocolate mixture. Roll each truffle in cocoa to cover.