- 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 5 1/2 cups salted mini pretzel twists
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ⅓ cups lightly salted cocktail peanuts
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, preferably 61 percent cacao, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and line with parchment, leaving a 1-inch overhang on long sides. Butter parchment.Place 4 ½ cups pretzels in a food processor and pulse until texture resembles coarse cornmeal. Transfer to a bowl and stir in sugar and butter until well combined. Transfer to a pan, spreading evenly, and pack down flat with the bottom of a measuring cup. Drizzle condensed milk evenly over crust. Sprinkle evenly with peanuts, chocolate and remaining 1 cup pretzels, gently pressing them into milk.Bake until chocolate melts and condensed milk bubbles and becomes golden, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool completely in a pan on a wire rack, then refrigerated until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. Run a paring knife between bars and short sides of pan. Using parchment overhangs, transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 20 squares.