These adorable leprechaun hats are surprisingly easy to make. You can also swap the Fudge Stripe cookie for any larger, round cookie of your choice.
- 6 large marshmallows
- 6 round cookies, such as Keebler Fudge Stripe
- One 12-ounce package candy melts
- 3 tablespoons green sanding sugar
- Shamrock sprinkles, for decoration
1. Melt the candy melts in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Stir the melts in between each interval until fully melted.
2. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
3. Stick a chopstick into one end of a marshmallow and swirl the marshmallow in the melted chocolate until it's mostly coated, leaving a small rim around the end of the marshmallow closest to the chopstick. Drop the marshmallow onto the baking sheet to harden. Repeat with all marshmallows.
4. Submerge a cookie, fudge striped-side down, into the melted chocolate until it's completely coated. Using a spatula, wipe off any excess chocolate from the cookie. Drop the cookie onto the baking sheet to harden. Repeat with all cookies.
5. Let the chocolate harden for 15 minutes, or put the baking sheet in the fridge for 10 minutes.
6. Once the chocolate has hardened, take a marshmallow and dip the rim (where the chopstick was poking out) into melted chocolate. Only dip it deep enough so there is a thin line of chocolate around the rim of the marshmallow. Dip the rim of the marshmallow into the green sanding sugar. Lightly dip the marshmallow once more into the chocolate, and stick the marshmallow onto a cookie. The last dip acts as glue, sticking the marshmallow to the cookie. Repeat with the remaining marshmallows and cookies.
7. Take a shamrock sprinkle and lightly dip it into melted chocolate. Stick the sprinkle onto the middle of the marshmallow. Repeat with remaining marshmallows.
8. Let the chocolate hats harden for at least 15 minutes, or put the baking sheet into the fridge for 10 minutes until everything has set.