Cobblers aren't just for fruit season anymore. This chocolaty twist makes this seasonal dessert perfect for any time of year.
Technique tip: Melt the butter in the baking dish as your oven preheats.
Swap option: Swap out cherry ice cream for vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and toffee bits.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2½ cups sugar, divided
- 1½ cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4–1 cup hot water
- Cherry ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt butter and place in 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
3. In a large bowl, combine 1½ cups sugar, self-rising flour, milk and vanilla. Mix well and pour over the melted butter.
4. In another large bowl, mix together remaining 1 cup of sugar and cocoa powder. Sift over baking dish.
5. Pour 3/4 cup to 1 cup of very hot water over top and bake for 30–35 minutes.
6. Serve with cherry ice cream.