The base of this zucchini bread is on the healthier side, but it has added richness and crunch from chocolate chips and walnuts. Great for breakfast or an afternoon treat, this loaf also makes a thoughtful gift for family and friends.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or ghee, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups shredded zucchini (half of a large zucchini)
- 3/4 cup whole milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a standard loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, butter, vanilla and zucchini and milk together. Stir in half of the walnuts and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining walnuts and the remaining 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips on top. Bake loaf for 38-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
6 Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.