You can't improve on perfection, and the classic chocolate chip cookie is a prime example of that. Soft and crispy with melty chocolate morsels inside, it couldn't possibly get any better.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
3. While the mixer is on low speed, add the eggs and vanilla into the dough one at a time, mixing thoroughly between additions.
4. In a separate bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
5. Pour the dry ingredients into the dough at once, mixing on low until just combined.
6. Add the chocolate chips and mix until dispersed.
7. Chill the dough for 1 hour.
8. Scoop 1 tablespoon size portions onto the prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake 6-8 minutes.