This recipe uses instant pudding and a box cake mix. This is a cake you can take to a friend who’s going through a hard time or the one that you forgot was going through a hard time months ago. Always better late than never! And no one will know it wasn’t made entirely from scratch.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Garnish powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a (14-cup) Bundt pan.
2. Place the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, water, and eggs in large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment; beat at low speed until just blended, about 30 seconds. Increase the speed to medium, and beat 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips, and pour into a prepared pan.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
5. Cool in the pan 10 minutes; remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.