Samantha Okazaki / TODAY
- 1 ½ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, size large
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Optional: Ice cream for serving
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place a paper or silicone liner into each cup of a standard 12-cup muffin tin. Scoop about ¼ cup of dough into each tin and bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and barely soft in center.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan. Remove cookies from pan and peel away liner cups before serving. If desired, place into a shallow bowl and top with a scoop of ice cream.