- 3 cups toasted oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup grated beet
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
Chocolate Cherry Chipotle Cookies are easy to make but hard to say five times fast. The recipe is full of fun flavor combinations since they're pack a little heat along with the sweet. The cookie dough yields its best results with some kneading, so don't be afraid to use your hands. And if you have friends that are allergic to eggs, don't worry — this recipe doesn't have any.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- First, combine the dry ingredients. Toss them together so all ingredients are well-integrated.
- Next, add in the wet ingredients — get in there and use your hands to massage the dough. The batter will be sticky and wet.
- Scoop the dough into mounds onto a cookie sheet.
- Top with raw sugar, a sprinkle of chipotle (if you can take a little more heat) and salt. (In this recipe we keep the cookies as mounds, avoid the temptation to push them down! They end up more fudgy this way).
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, then allow them to cool for at least 30 minutes so they don’t crumble.