Rotisserie chicken is a life-saver during the hottest weeks of summer: You can shred it and stuff it into tacos, or use it to make flavorful BBQ chicken rolls, or add it to a crunchy, fresh salad like this one from Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste—and you'll have a summery, no-cook main course in minutes. Want more ideas? Check out this complete shopping list and all of the delicious recipes for our No-Cook Week.
- 4 cups shredded precooked rotisserie chicken (discard the skin)
- 3 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced into batons
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, tossing until well mixed.
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and then pour over the salad, tossing to coat.