- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon large yellow onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 5 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon serrano pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef sirloin
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 pound chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, serrano pepper and green pepper.
Cook until the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
Add the beef and pork and cook, stirring to break up lumps, until browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
Add the chipotle, taco seasoning, chili powder, cumin and cinnamon.
Stir until blended.
Add the beer and bay leaf and cook until the beer has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
Add the corn, kidney beans and tomatoes.
Reduce heat to a simmer.
Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Stir in the tomato paste, salt and pepper.
Simmer, uncovered, for another 20 minutes.
Transfer to individual serving bowls and serve with desired garnishes, such as pickled jalapeños, sour cream, cilantro and grated Cheddar cheese.