- 5 ripe but firm avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 mangoes, pitted, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 5 limes)
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Chile oil, for garnish (optional)
- Tortilla chips, for serving
I'm a guac purist but this is the rare deviation I happen to love. The mango is bright, citrusy and fresh — the perfect foil for creamy, rich avocado. Then when the chile heat kicks in, the flavor fiesta starts. No one can resist this combo with the salty crunch of tortilla chips!
Swap option: You can always leave out the chili oil, if you don't want that extra spice.
Place the avocados in a medium bowl and roughly mash with a fork. Add the mangoes, lime juice, red pepper flakes and salt. Stir gently until just combined.
Drizzle the guacamole with chile oil, if desired, and serve with tortilla chips.