These chicken tenders are completely free of gluten and so delicious, they'll be gone in seconds. I used to make them all the time for my kids so that my son, who had food allergies could also enjoy chicken tenders, a universally kid-friendly dish.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into strips
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 quart soda water
Citrus-tamari dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
For the chicken tenders:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the rice flour, garlic powder, salt and paprika. Whisk in the soda water until the mixture reaches a pancake batter-like consistency.
2. Fill a sauce pot 1/3 of the way up with canola oil and heat to 375°F. Dredge the chicken strips into the batter and add to the oil. Fry until cooked through and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove to a sheet tray lined with a wire rack. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the citrus-tamari dipping sauce:
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Serve with the chicken tenders.