Courtesy of Blue Apron
TIP: This recipe comes together quickly, but you can save yourself even more time by chopping the broccoli, zesting the lemon, grating the cheese and mincing the garlic the night before.
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 3/4 pound whole wheat farfalle pasta
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pound broccoli
- 1 lemon
- 1 large bunch parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling on high. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator to bring to room temperature. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Cut the broccoli into florets. Using a peeler, remove the rind of the lemon, avoiding the white pith; mince the rind to get 2 teaspoons of zest (or use a zester). Quarter and deseed the lemon. Pick the parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems.
- Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange in a single, even layer and roast 26 to 28 minutes, or until browned and tender. Remove from the oven; transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the lemon zest; toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving dish.
- While the broccoli roasts, in a large pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium until hot. Add the breadcrumbs and toast, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the pan.
- While the broccoli continues to roast, add the pasta to the pot of boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 11 minutes, or until just shy of al dente (still slightly firm to the bite). Reserve ¾ cup of the pasta water; drain the pasta thoroughly and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, pat the chicken dry with paper towels; place on a plate. Season each side with salt and pepper, then evenly coat with the flour (tapping off any excess). In the pan used to toast the breadcrumbs, heat a thin layer of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Add the juice of all 4 lemon wedges and ¼ cup of water; season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, swirling occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly reduced. Add half the butter. Cook, swirling occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until combined. Remove from heat; transfer to the serving dish of broccoli. Wipe out the pan.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until softened and fragrant. Add the cooked pasta, remaining butter, all but a pinch of the pecorino cheese and ½ cup of the reserved pasta water; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes, or until the pasta is coated. (If the sauce seems dry, slowly add the remaining reserved pasta water to achieve your desired consistency.) Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with the toasted breadcrumbs, remaining pecorino cheese and half the parsley. Garnish the chicken scallopini with the remaining parsley.