These easy and tasty Thai skewers are a wonderful snack for any celebration.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1 can (13.5-ounces) full fat coconut milk
- 2 ounces canned Thai red curry paste
- 3/4 cup unsweetened (natural) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon salt, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons garlic-chili sauce (optional)
For the chicken:
Combine all ingredients together and marinate the chicken overnight. Soak 30 8-inch skewers for 30 minutes.
Bake on sheet pan for 10 minutes at 375 degrees or sear using non-stick pan (or grill pan) for 4 minutes each side with medium heat and light oil.
For the peanut sauce:
Combine everything in a pot and bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes. Take the pot off the heat and let the sauce cool to room temperature.