These also make the perfect appetizer for summertime and barbecue season! And the leftovers are wonderful chopped and tossed over salad or in grain bowls.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Indian curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut widthwise into 2-inch wide strips and then sliced lengthwise so individual strips are not more than 1/2-inch thick and about 5 inches long
- Ten 6-inch wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Peanut dressing, for serving
1. Combine coconut milk, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, coriander, cumin, brown sugar, salt and pepper and whisk together until the sugar has dissolved. Add the chicken to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. You can also use a cast iron skillet if you don't have a grill. Drop heat to medium-low just before you begin cooking the chicken.
3. Carefully skewer marinated chicken and allow to rest at room temperature 20 minutes before you're ready to cook, then grill 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Serve with the peanut dressing alongside.