- 2 cups pulled leftover chicken meat
- 1 cup pickled broccoli stems, peeled and cut into ¼" brunoise
- 2 stalks celery, cut into ¼" thick pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into ¼" pieces
- 1 cup Tuscan kale, minced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Sea salt and pepper
- Diced broccoli stems
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup chopped leftover herbs
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a micro plane
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 shallot, finely minced
This is a tasty way to give your roast chicken and broccoli a whole new spin.
Pro tip: I like this as a versatile use of leftovers. Instead of throwing out the broccoli stems, I like to pickled them for an added acidic crunchy-punch. The salad is great on its own, or can be added to greens or thrown in a wrap.
Combine all ingredients except broccoli stems in a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and add the broccoli stems and allow to cool in the liquid. They can be used with 20 minutes or you can leave them overnight in the liquid.2.
Once the broccoli is done, combined with the chicken.3.
Once the salsa verde is done, once again combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly, serve immediately or set aside in the fridge in a glass container.