Swap traditional mayo for Vegenaise, an egg-free spread that’s high in omega-3s. With garlic, mustard and celery, you won’t notice any difference in the taste.
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup diced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1 cup green grapes, cut into quarters
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the chicken breasts, skin side up, on a baking sheet, rub them with olive oil, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside to cool. When the chicken is cool, remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin and bones.
4. Dice the chicken into 3/4-inch pieces and place in a bowl.
5. Add the Vegenaise, mustard, garlic, celery and grapes, plus 1½ to 2 teaspoons of salt and 1teaspoon of pepper or to taste. Toss well, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Excerpted from Skinny Liver: A Proven Program to Prevent and Reverse the New Silent Epidemic—Fatty Liver Disease by Kristin Kirkpatrick, MS, RD, LD with Ibrahim Hanouneh, MD. Copyright © 2017. Availablefrom Da Capo Lifelong Books, an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc.
TODAY has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by TODAY.