The secret to a perfectly crispy chicken cutlet is in the breading procedure. A three-layer coating of flour, egg and breadcrumbs ensures your cutlets will turn out perfectly golden and crunchy every time.
- Skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced into cutlets
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil, for frying
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
1. Beat eggs with salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Spread flour in another dish and place bread crumbs in a third dish.
2. Press chicken into flour to coat, dip into egg mixture and then in breadcrumbs.
3. Heat olive oil in large skillet, pan fry chicken until golden brown. Drain excess oil on a paper-towel lined plates.
4. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.