- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ½ cups prepared pico de gallo or salsa
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 1 ½ limes)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 cloves garlic. minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 taco shells (crisp or soft/flour or corn)
Place the chicken, pico de gallo or salsa, lime juice, cumin seeds and garlic in a slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. (You can also cook on high for 3 hours.)
Allow to cool a bit. Scoop the chicken out with a big slotted spoon and place it in a large serving bowl. Use two forks to pull the meat apart. The chicken will shred easily. Stir in some cooking juice from the pot and top with the cilantro.
Place the shredded chicken, your taco shells and desired fixings on the table and let everyone put together their perfect taco.