- 1/2 pound cooked shredded chicken (from half a rotisserie chicken or 2 small cooked chicken breasts)
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde + 1 tablespoon salsa verde, divided (see below)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided (see below)
- 12 small flour tortillas (6-inch diameter)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain 2 percent Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- additional salsa for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
Stir the chicken, chiles, cheese, 2 tablespoons salsa verde, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl to make the filling.
Place a tortilla on a cutting board or other clean work surface. If your tortillas are more brittle than bendable, place them between 2 damp paper towels and heat for a few seconds in the microwave to soften them.
Spread about 2 tablespoons of the filling onto the tortilla about 1/3 of the way in from the edge — not down the center of the tortilla. Fold the edge over the filling and tightly roll the tortilla into a tube.
Place the rolled tortilla seam-side down on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
Brush each rolled tortilla with oil and bake for about 20 minutes, until the tortilla is crispy and browned. While the taquitos bake, stir the yogurt, remaining 1 tablespoon salsa verde, cilantro, lime juice, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl to make the dipping sauce. Serve the taquitos with the sauce and additional salsa. MAKE AHEAD:If you're refrigerating the taquitos to reheat within 48 hours, bake for only 12-15 minutes. Cool to room temperature on a rack, then refrigerate in a sealed container or bag. Reheat in a 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes to heat through and finish browning the tortillas. If you're freezing the taquitos to reheat within 3 months, bake for only 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature on a rack, then freeze on a wax paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer for about 1 hour until frozen through. Transfer to a freezer bag or wrap in foil until ready to reheat. Reheat in a 350 degree F oven for 8-10 minutes to heat through and finish browning the tortillas. NOTE:If you don't have cooked chicken on hand, bake 2 small chicken breast in a 375 degree F oven for about 20 minutes or poach for 10-15 minutes on the stovetop or in the microwave, until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165˚F. Chicken can be cooked up to 1 day in advance.