This hearty pasta features all the classic cheesy, garlicky, savory flavors of the famous salad. It's great for your Sunday cheat day!
Technique tip: Letting your cheese melt on top of your pasta will allow it to incorporate better and not have any cold cheese clumps in your pasta.
Swap option: Use turkey bacon instead of pork bacon.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup bacon, chopped and divided
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat, reserved
- 1/2 onion, roughly minced (about 1 cup)\
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 16 ounces creamy Caesar dressing
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup manchego cheese, shaved
- 1 package store bought croutons, crushed
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Mix garlic salt, granulated garlic, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl then use the mixture to coat chicken.2.
Cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through about 5-6 minutes. Set aside and wipe skillet clean.3.
Return skillet to burner over medium-high heat. Add bacon and fry until crispy, about 5-6 minutes. Drain bacon pieces on a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve about three tablespoons of bacon fat in skillet.4.
Add onion and thyme and sauté for 3 minutes (cook until translucent, not caramelized).5.
Pour in chicken stock to deglaze pan, add cream, bring to a boil and reduce by half (about 3 minutes). Stir in Caesar dressing and bring mixture to a slight simmer.6.
Cook pasta according to package instructions (slightly undercook because it will continue to cook in the sauce). Strain the pasta while reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.7.
Turn off sauce, add lemon juice, 2/3 parsley, cooked chicken and 2/3 cooked bacon, stir to combine.8.
Add pasta to mixture and stir to combine.9.
Add Parmesan, manchego cheese and pasta water on top of your pasta, don't mix. Cover with a lid and let sit for 2 minutes, then stir again to combine all cheese.10.
Garnish with remaining parsley, bacon and crushed croutons.