This hearty pasta features all the classic cheesy, garlicky, savory flavors of the famous salad. It's great for your Sunday cheat day!
Technique tip: Letting your cheese melt on top of your pasta will allow it to incorporate better and not have any cold cheese clumps in your pasta.
Swap option: Use turkey bacon instead of pork bacon.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup bacon, chopped and divided
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat, reserved
- 1/2 onion, roughly minced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 16 ounces creamy Caesar dressing
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup manchego cheese, shaved
- 1 package store bought croutons, crushed
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Mix garlic salt, granulated garlic, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl then use the mixture to coat chicken.
2. Cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through about 5-6 minutes. Set aside and wipe skillet clean.
3. Return skillet to burner over medium-high heat. Add bacon and fry until crispy, about 5-6 minutes. Drain bacon pieces on a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve about three tablespoons of bacon fat in skillet.
4. Add onion and thyme and sauté for 3 minutes (cook until translucent, not caramelized).
5. Pour in chicken stock to deglaze pan, add cream, bring to a boil and reduce by half (about 3 minutes). Stir in Caesar dressing and bring mixture to a slight simmer.
6. Cook pasta according to package instructions (slightly undercook because it will continue to cook in the sauce). Strain the pasta while reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
7. Turn off sauce, add lemon juice, 2/3 parsley, cooked chicken and 2/3 cooked bacon, stir to combine.
8. Add pasta to mixture and stir to combine.
9. Add Parmesan, manchego cheese and pasta water on top of your pasta, don't mix. Cover with a lid and let sit for 2 minutes, then stir again to combine all cheese.
10. Garnish with remaining parsley, bacon and crushed croutons.