No need to throw away those broccoli stems with this simple stir-fry recipe.
- To make the marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and cornstarch. Add the chicken and stir until well coated, cover and marinate for 10 minutes.
- When the chicken is marinated, use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside, reserving the marinade.
- Place a wok or nonstick skillet on the stove over a high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and swirl to coat the wok. Once the oil is hot and starts to shimmer add the onions and red bell pepper and stir fry until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the ginger and chiles and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetable to a plate, wipe out the wok and return to the heat.
- Add remaining oil and once hot, add the marinated chicken (reserving marinade). Stir fry until cooked in the center, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return the onion and peppers to the wok, add the green onions and broccoli stems and toss to combine with the chicken. Add the reserved marinade, hoisin paste, and broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until the sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve: Garnish with cilantro and divide between 4 warmed bowls, serve immediately.
May 15, 201504:44