This folding technique layers the ingredients evenly throughout the wrap. This way you get to enjoy all the flavors in each and every bite. The combo of tangy honey mustard with grilled chicken, tart apples and creamy brie is perfect for this kind of wrap because it allows you to taste everything at once.
Technique tip: Whatever you want hot needs to go in the right-hand side of the quesadilla (i.e. cheese, protein, chocolate) — the side that gets the most heat.
Swap option: You could do deli turkey or grilled portobello mushroom.
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 (10-inch) flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 3 ounces grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 2 ounces brie, sliced
1. Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
2. Lay the tortilla on a cutting board and cut a slit from the center down to the bottom edge.
3. On the left bottom quarter of the tortilla, evenly spread the honey mustard.
4. On the top left quarter, lay the apple slices in an even layer.
5. On the top right quarter, add the pieces of sliced chicken.
6. Finish by adding the brie to the bottom right quarter.
7. Working in a clockwise motion, take the bottom left quarter and fold it onto the top left, then top left onto top right and finishing by folding the top right onto the bottom right.
8. Place in the preheated skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden-brown.