- 2 cups tempura flour
- 1/2-1 cup water
- 5 ears corn, kernels cut off
- 2 cups leftover chicken adobo, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- Oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 1 cup distilled vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
Leftover adobo chicken adds protein and flavor to crispy corn fritters. The soy-ginger dipping sauce takes them to the next level of deliciousness.
For the fritters:1.
In a bowl, whisk together the tempura flour and water. Adjust with water as needed so it is not runny or doughy, it should be consistency of smooth paste.2.
Fold the corn kernels, diced chicken, celery, garlic, scallions and coriander into the batter (the consistency should hold together but still should be loose).3.
Heat about 3-inches of oil in a heavy bottomed pot to 350°F.4.
Carefully drop in a few spoonfuls of the mixture at a time and fry until golden brown. Remove cooked fritters to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining mixture.
For the dipping sauce:
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Serve alongside the fritters.