This recipe is quick, easy and tastes just like a pumpkin pie. It requires no crust, no oven and no fancy tools. It can also be made a day in advance. Enjoy, my loves!
Technique tips: For whipped cream, which I highly recommend, place your bowl (metal works best) and a whisk in the freezer for about 20 minutes before you begin making the recipe.
Swap option: If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, use 1/4 teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- One 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 gingersnap cookies, crushed
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Set aside. 2. In another large bowl, whisk cream until medium soft peaks form, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add in remaining powdered sugar and vanilla. Continue to whisk until stiff peaks form, about another minute. 3. Reserve 1/2 cup of whipped cream and set it in the refrigerator.
4. Gently fold the remaining whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture in two additions.
5. To serve, pour about 1/2 cup of the mousse into four small drinking glasses or bowls. Evenly dollop the reserved whipped cream from the refrigerator amongst the four glasses.
6. Place cookies into a resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin.
7. Garnish mousse with a spoonful of the crushed cookies. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.