- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon large ripe avocado (the haas variety is the best)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Put the garlic, onion, and jalapeño in the bowl and use the wooden spoon to stir them together.2.
Have an adult help cut the avocado vertically in half, from the narrow end to the wide end; remove the large seed or pit.3.
Hold one avocado half in your hand and use the butter knife to cut through the flesh of the avocado into long strips, making sure not to cut through the skin.
Cut the avocado flesh in the other direction to make cubes.
Turn the avocado inside out, then drop the cubes into the bowl with the garlic-onion mixture.
Repeat with the other avocado half.4.
Add the lime juice to the bowl.
Mash the avocado with the wooden spoon until it's creamy but still a little lumpy.
Add the salt, chopped tomato, and cilantro and mix to combine.5.
Serve the guacamole with tortilla or corn chips, or use it in tacos.