- 1/2 cup seasoned, canned turnip greens
- 1/4 cup mac and cheese, store-bought or homemade
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1 brioche bun, cut in half
- 1/2 cup heavy (extra-emulsified) mayo
- 2 tablespoons powdered ghost pepper (optional)
- 1 slice cornbread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chicken-flavored stuffing, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 (5- to 6-ounce) fried chicken breast
Soul food for me brings back so many memories from my childhood. The smells that were coming out of my grandmother's kitchen were hypnotizing. I would watch my mother and my grandmother in amazement as they prepared meals together in the kitchen. Fried chicken, turnip greens, cornbread and mac and cheese are just a few of the foods that would absolutely put me into a food coma.
Swap option: I like to use a soybean blend or avocado oil when available in place of the mayo.
Warm the seasoned turnip greens and mac and cheese. Set aside.2.
Butter the brioche bun and toast.3.
Add generous amounts of mayo to the bottom and the top portions of the bun. Add powdered ghost pepper on top of the mayo until you reach desired heat.4.
Lay the cornbread on top of the mayo on the top and bottom buns.5.
Evenly spread half of the mac and cheese on top of the cornbread on the bottom bun.6.
Evenly spread half of the seasoned turnip greens on top of the mac and cheese on the bottom bun. Add your stuffing and crispy chicken breast.7.
Spread the rest of your greens and mac and cheese on top of the chicken breast. Place the bun on top of the sandwich and serve.