This is one of my favorite dishes from my childhood. I grew up eating this often with all different pasta shapes, combinations of cheeses and flavorful meats mixed in. It's delicious bubbling hot out of the oven, but it's especially good cold right out of the fridge on hot summer days!
Technique tip: Using an ovenproof nonstick skillet allows the bottom to get really crispy.
Swap option: Any cheese or pasta will work here; you can add taco seasoned ground beef and some canned mild chiles and it will have a totally different flavor profile. Also great for using any leftovers you might have on hand.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar
- 5 slices cooked crispy bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces cooked pasta
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, Parmesan and salt and pepper, toss in the shredded cheese, cooked bacon and pasta, toss really well to make sure each piece of pasta is well-coated in the egg mixture.
3. Add the oil to a 9-inch, oven-safe nonstick skillet (make sure to swirl it around the pan to make sure the oil is coating the sides as well). Preheat it over medium-high heat then add the pasta mixture, level it out on top a bit, cook for about 3-4 minutes, transfer to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Allow to cool a bit before sliding out of the pan and serving.