Stuff potato puffs with cheese for an easy party appetizer.
- Oil, for muffin pan
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- 12 1/2-inch cubes cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar, shredded
- Chives, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a muffin pan with some oil and a paper towel.
2. Boil the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Mash with chicken broth, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, herbs de Provence and garlic powder.
4. Mix in eggs with potato mixture until well combined. Place about 1 tablespoon of mixture at the bottom of each muffin cup, top with a cube of cheese and cover with remaining mixture. Sprinkle with the sharp cheddar. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
5. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, sprinkle with some chopped chives.