Cacio e Pepe (cheese and pepper) is one of my favorite pastas, so when I realized I could transform it into a chip it seemed like a no-brainer! This recipe is as simple as it gets, and it comes together in a matter of minutes. It's the perfect festive snack for your end-of-year celebration!
Technique tip: For easy clean up, line your baking sheet with tin foil.
Swap option: You can experiment with a variety of different chip flavors and cheeses.
- One 8-ounce bag kettle cooked potato chips
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400º F.
2. Evenly place potato chips on a rimmed baking sheet lined with tin foil.
3. Sprinkle about half of the cheese over the chips, and place in the oven.
4. Bake for about 5 minutes, until cheese starts to melt.
5. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and the pepper. Let cool and enjoy!