This is a terrific side featuring trendy and tasty turmeric. It can also be a complete and satisfying vegetarian meal by adding a whole grain on the side. This recipe can transition from season to season or based on what's available in the markets. And it's pretty enough to serve to company but easy enough for an everyday recipe.
Technique tip: Rinsing canned beans can remove up to 40% of the sodium. Use glass or metal bowls with turmeric; plastic will stain yellow.
Swap option: Swap frozen summer peas for sweet corn. Try garbanzo beans in place of cannellini beans.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1½ cups sweet corn kernels
- One 14-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Mix olive oil, salt, turmeric, cumin and cayenne (if using) in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, sweet corn and cannellini beans. Drizzle the spice mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat.
4. Spread the vegetable mixture in single layer on a sheet pan.
5. Roast for 45 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Toss vegetables once about midway through cooking time.
6. Drizzle with lemon juice and toss with fresh parsley before serving.